Tuesday 30 April 2013

Progress

Lego Pivot 
Stuck to the back of the frame, connected to a gear system that allows the frame to be rotated and stay at the desired angle
Studies of Crows
 
 Paper Bird Trials
On the left a variety of origami nirds which give a good 3d effect, however are hard to do small
On the right, crows based on drawings with individual feathers of paper stuck on, gives nice effect but is very time consuming
Plan 


Narrative

Trapped. Enclosed. There must be more than just this cage.

But wait. There is something new. Something that has changed.

An exit. A way out. I am free. I can spread my wings. Soar. Feel freedom.

I can go down. I can go up. Or is that down? They are the same here.

I am filled with curiosity. I must learn. Discover.

But wait. What is that? A crack. A tear.

It beckons to me. I must see it.

There is something underneath. I must tear at it. Discover it. Fall through the window.



1 comment:

  1. You need to work much more on your context! Your narrative is there, you character is strong but you need to develop your overall drawing. What materials will you be using for the primary world and how will that be echoed in the mirror scene? What are the links and what are the differences?
    The 3d tests of the crow are looking good, maybe there is a way to incorporate elements of both methods into how you will depict your central character? How will the crow stand out from the background?
    Your sketch is too abstract for the composition, we need to see more to understand how the layers are working. Start making them otherwise it will be too late, you can also add more detail once you have the base layers in place.

    ReplyDelete