Wednesday 8 May 2013

Progress in Layers

Progress in layering


I have created the flower to be more 3D using paint and paper cut outs, it makes the childs hand feel like they are much more entrapped. I have also worked on making the bumble bees wings 3D using acetate, as it was more effective than trace and wire.


I have worked on the frame using paper cut out to look like a chapter of a book, I looked at precedents of illustrative framing in books and made an ivy themed cut out for my frame. I used a green background to give a fairy tale feel and look like an old book. I have also layered acetate over my carnivorous plants to give more depth.



I also have remade my entire mechanism so it works more easily, is more sturdy and has more depth as the layers are more 3D now.

This is my collage as it stands now I am now working on the section through the flower using paper cuts and ink to give stain and colour to the paper. I also have work to do on the background and I need to make another flower 3D for the layer where the child is eaten, here the flower will be less bright to show how the child has changed in the final scene.

1 comment:

  1. looks good so far. the foreground elements and 3d flower look much better! your frame is nice, maybe you can add some quick, slightly more intricate details, just to enhance the ornamental effect of a frame?

    ReplyDelete